2017 NMSF Classic VW Car Show "Release Your Inner Hippie"

Home Forums Discussion Forums Events/Outings/Cruises/Shows 2017 NMSF Classic VW Car Show "Release Your Inner Hippie"

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Kellie 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

69ghia

So here it goes !! The State Fair Show is set for Sat Sept 9th. This years theme is a repeat of a previous theme that went over well. We are having a Hippie theme this year, so break out the long hair, beads and bell bottoms and join us.

For those that have done the show before, we will do pretty much as we have before except this year we will be having more apace between cars for better viewing.  Also, in the past, many fair goers have told us of the VW story, so this year we will have 3×5 index cards for them to write them down to post for viewing.  We are also looking at having  an air cooled engine on display so people can see one up close and personal.

Awards will be “Judges Choice” “Best Restoration”, “Best Original”, “Best Daily Driver” and my favorite, “Most Cosmetically Challenged”  Everyone will get a participation ribbon and certificate.

As in the past, there is no charge to participate and it gets you into the fair for free.  If you want to register, please reply to this post with name, email address and what you are bringing.  Or, oyu can register at any club event.

Assembly point is still being worked out and will be posted soon.  Please keep your eyes on this site and out fb page for all the latest info.

Karmannzia72
    Participant

Lyle Reece in a ’72 Karmann Ghia at  wesleyunm@yahoo.com

weirdvolk
    Participant

Hi, everyone!

You can download the flyer for the State Fair show at the following link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1tfRCuFlxDJaWVMdDN4Y192WGs

Feel free to share in whatever way you want!

-jt pierson

69ghia

Thanks JT for making that up for me.  Excellent job as usual.

69ghia

The State Fair Show Flyer has also been posted on our fb page and is also printable.  Please feel free to print them and hand them to other vdubs you may see around, whether they are members or not.  Invite them so they too can ‘Release their inner hippie’ !!

PEACE-LOVE-VDUBS

Repp
    Participant

Robert Repplinger, 1966 Beetle, rmrepplinger@msn.com

hengle
    hengle
    Participant

I’m in! Harriet Engle with Benny Hillclimber the ’68 Baja Bug.

69ghia

I unfortunately will not be at tonites meeting due to work :(, so Rocky will have the State Fair signup sheet.  The show is Sat Sept 9th.  If you  haven’t signed up yet and want to, this will be your opportunity to do so. Or, you can just reply to this posting with name, email and/or phone number, and what you are bringing.

69ghia

You are invited to  join us  and “Release you inner hippie”  !!!

69ghia

I still have spots left for the NMSF Show on Sat Sept 9th.  Please join us and ‘Release your inner hippie” !! Reply to this or call/txt me 505-514-3360

Kellie
    Participant

Are there still spots available?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.