Albuquerque Air Alliance / Rt 66 Aircooled VW Club

AAA VW Club

Auto Body Shop

Air Cooled Beetles & Bugs

Auto Body Shop

Postby shrinx » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:44 am

This week I began my trip down memory lane. I purchased a 1966 bug, just like the Beetle I drove off a showroom floor in Southern California 48 years ago (except for the rust and funky modifications). So now it’s on to a restoration and the surprises that in store. While I busy myself with he mechanics, I'm in search of a good body shop that can do a nice paint job. There are just a few dents and a couple of tears in the rear fenders. Otherwise the body is -- or will be -- in pretty good shape. Any suggestions are appreciated, particularly for shops in Santa FE, my home.
shrinx

Re: Auto Body Shop

Postby Bugzie » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:00 am

My wife and I bought a new 1966 while I was stationed in Germany many years ago. My wife died in 1987 and I had been looking for another '66 ever since. I finally found one about 4 weeks ago and now have it home and have been enjoying it a lot. It's in great condition with a new paint job, rebuilt engine and new interior. It was converted to 12 volts recently. I just finished up installing a radio that works great. It's not the absolute correct radio but at least it's working until I find a correct one.
Bugzie

Return to Type 1/Bug - through 1979