Albuquerque Air Alliance / Rt 66 Aircooled VW Club

AAA VW Club

First!! With a non bug, kind of

Air Cooled Beetles & Bugs

First!! With a non bug, kind of

Postby sammy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:08 pm

I need to start hauling butt and get the Buggy back together. Who wants to help bend the roll cage? :lol:
sammy

Re: First!! With a non bug, kind of

Postby vdubzen » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:50 am

i'll give you a hand. :)
60 Karmann Ghia
68 Tin Top Camper
71 Panel Bus
74 Beetle
vdubzen
Club President

Postby showdizzle » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:50 am

Sammy!!!!!!

Does it drive yet?

That thing is gonna be siiiiiick!!!!
Consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trails of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete not lacking anything. James 1:2-4
showdizzle

Postby sammy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:43 am

It, as am I, are still around... just not focused on the buggy at this point in time. It ended up driving with a 6" wider front beam, empi seats, 30" tires all around, no wire harness, just a power lead to the coil and some jumper cables to drive the starter, the stock swing, a 1600SP, and no working brakes.
My priority's shifted, going to school full time, having the buggy, and the Jeep, meant no time for anything. so I narrowed my focus to the Jeep only, sold the motor out of the buggy, and now it's sitting under a cover waiting for bigger better plans. You can expect to see it flat towed behind the Jeep one of these years.
The $ from the motor went to buy a new motor for the Jeep. The original flathead in the Jeep was going fine until the needle valve stuck open, flooded the motor, washed down my cylinder walls, thinned out my oil, lost compression, stuck a valve, and caused a nightmare. Rebuilt the carb, and it still ran like total crap.
So it now looks like this:

I'm fully aware this isn't a Jeep forum, but your reigning president is a Jeeper at heart, he just needs to show it once in a while.

The buggy will look cool as a tow toy

And there's bigger plans for it in the future, including a 6 cyl motor, different transmission, better built pan, etc.
sammy

Postby sammy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:13 pm

Broke my heart yesterday to take the swing axle out (paging chris......)

I miss knowing it would run, but the Jeep is too consuming. I'm at a stand still with it. The pan is significantly tweaked to the point that the body doesn't even bolt up, I'm broke, and so on. I'm not sure what to do now on.... I'm thinking keep the king/link front and find an IRS pan to shorten, and run another single port. Not like I have dual baby webers and an intake for one anyway.... Or, build a chassis. I don't know.
sammy

Return to Type 1/Bug - through 1979