Albuquerque Air Alliance / Rt 66 Aircooled VW Club

AAA VW Club

1968 Karmann Ghia w/engine/parts/accessories $2.5k obo

Buy & Sell VW's and related goodies

1968 Karmann Ghia w/engine/parts/accessories $2.5k obo

Postby ghiagirl » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:32 pm

Rolling project car for sale. It was a project car my boyfriend started for me (with my money), but relationships end and I can't exactly fix it up myself. The car is almost completely sanded. The hood has been removed, and primed. There is rust on the back end and two small quarter-sized holes in the floor pan. Otherwise car is in amazing shape for being its age and fully tow-able. We've moved 3 times with this fella and just towed it behind my car.

I do have a title for this car but it is a little wonky, the seller filled it out wrong and I never could re-register it and could not get a hold of the seller as he moved.

It comes with an original engine. Dismantled, 'cause boy couldn't finish his projects. The engine is basically new (about 500miles), from what the original owner told me and is original to the car, just needs a good cleaning, some parts repaired, including the carburetor, and to be reassembled.
Also Included:
- ($170) Tow bar and tow light assembly made specifically for towing Ghia's purchased from Foreign Aid.
-Full interior carpet and headliner replacement kit
-Original Chrome, not in great shape though
-Additional Front Clip
-Additional Floor Pan rusty but great for repairing small holes if you cut and weld.
-Additional piece I don't have the name for, but it can be welded in the back where the engine sits.
-Original gas pan
- Box of original parts (includes headlights/grills/taillights/mirrors) (all as is, I have no way of testing if they function)
-(2) Original Seats, need reupholstering.
-Original steering wheels/mirrors/windows
-All windows are intact (they clip into place)
-Spare seats that can be reupholstered from a sport car that the ex intended to replace the original with.
-Volkswagen Manual Repair Book
Basically you get everything to redo this car that I have.
Everything as is. Will consider other offers, I just need this gone.
Pickup will be required, bring some muscle, because some of it is heavy!
ghiagirl

Return to Classifieds