Albuquerque Air Alliance / Rt 66 Aircooled VW Club

AAA VW Club

2016 NM STATE FAIR CAR SHOW

2016 NM STATE FAIR CAR SHOW

Postby vdubn69ghia » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:27 pm

Sorry for the late posting, but I just got back on this web site.

The 2016 State Fair Car Show will be Sat Sept 10. This is open to all air cooled vws. We will assemble at approx. 7 am that morning and we will leave the fair grounds about 3pm. Everyone who attends will get a certificate for participating and a ribbon provided by Ch 4, KOB. Awards/Ribbons for several catagories , Best in Show, Best Restoration, Best Original, Best Daily Driver, Most Cosmetically Challenged and the peoples or "Volks Choice".

We hope to have 35 cars this year and still have a few spots left so if you wanna go, get back to me at 505-514-3360 or reply to this post, I will reply back with a confirmation that you ae on the list

Please remember that if you reserve a spot and cannot make it, please call and let us know so we can open that spot up for someone else. Also, 35 cars is all we have room for, so you must reserve a spot. No last minute drive ups will be allowed as we have limited space.

This is a fun show and I hope to see you there. And it gets you in the fair for free.

More info comig soon so keep your eyes on this web site and our fb page.

Till next time, PEACE-LOVE-VDUBS !!!! :D
vdubn69ghia

Re: 2016 NM STATE FAIR CAR SHOW

Postby vdubn69ghia » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:20 pm

We are down to just two spots left out of 35. If you want one, please reply to this post asap. Going once, going twice.... :o If you signed up and have decided to bow out for whatever reason, please let us know so we can open that slot for someone else.

PEACE-LOVE-V-DUBS
vdubn69ghia

Postby vdubn69ghia » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:14 pm

This is to announce that we have filled all 35 slots for the SF Show on Sept 10th. However, if you still wanna go, please call me at 514-3360 or text me and will put you on the 'will call' list should someone cancel their appearance. This will not assure you of a spot, but you will be called if one pops up. We have never filled up this fast with so many cars. Many thanks to all who have signed up. :D We will, unfortunately, be unable to handle last minute 'drive ins' that morning as space is limited. :o
vdubn69ghia

Postby vdubn69ghia » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:57 am

Just about 3 weeks from the fair show so here is a little update...
-We will assemble at the parking lot just south of 525 San Pedro just a stones throw from Gate 3 where we enter the fair. (Same location as last year). Assemble time is 7 am. If you are running late that morning, please call me at 514-3360 so we can delay departure to the fair for a few minutes.
-I have about 4 people on a waiting list that want to go but we have filled all 35 spots. If you need to bow out, please let me know asap so I can release that spot and give it to one of them. If you are not sure if you are on the list, get with me. Also, we will be unable to let last minute entries as we are full. The best I can do is let you hang around and see if anyone does not show then let you have that spot. 35 cars is the max or we will be over crowded.
-If you have any questions, please let me know. For those who have been to this show before, things will pretty much run as normal.
-Look forward to seeing you all there.
vdubn69ghia

Postby vdubn69ghia » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:39 pm

BUSES AND BUGS AND GHIAS OH MY...........

Three days and a wake up to go. We will assemble at the parking lot next to 525 San Pedro between San Pedro and Central.(at the corner of Marquette) I suggest you arrive from Lomas as the Central/San Pedro intersection will be bogged down with fair parade traffic/staging. We assemble at 0700 and will leave for the fair about 7:30. If you will be running late. please call me at 514-3360 so we can delay departure for a few minutes as we all have to go in together.

I am still taking names for the waiting list should someone bow out. Call me at the same number listed above to be placed on it. Keep posted to this web site or our FB page to keep up on the latest info. We will assemble rain or shine. Questions, please contact me.

PEACE-LOVE-VDUBS
vdubn69ghia

Postby 8BallMBNC68 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:25 am

Sean
This is Ray Baca. Sorry for not getting ahold of you sooner and not giving you any warning was not going to be there for the show. My father was put in the VA Hospital (last friday night) and has been in the hospital in serious condition since then. I was so hoping to attend the show. I am so sorry for not notifiying about canceling.

Respectfully,
Ray
8BallMBNC68

Return to Events/Outings/Cruises/Shows