Albuquerque Air Alliance / Rt 66 Aircooled VW Club

AAA VW Club

Kampground Camping

Kampground Camping

Postby vdubzen » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:41 pm

Like i bought up at the last meeting, I am thinking of doing a campout either in Santa Fe or Bernalillo KOA's. I'm looking for ideas of dates and getting together a list of those who want to commit to it. We should do something in the next couple of months. thinking of like an Oktoberfest gathering of Vdubs. this would be open to all vw's, whether you drive a type 1, type 2, type 3, or type 4, everyone is welcome.

I have talked with the owners of the KOA Kampground up in Santa Fe and they are interested in having us come up. They are open from March to November. I haven't had a chance to talk with Bernalillo KOA yet, but have heard good things about them.

The Santa Fe KOA is on Old Las Vegas Highway on the north side of Santa Fe. This is would include a beautiful cruise up there from Albuquerque along North 14. Travelling through Madrid, and Golden along the Turquoise Trail.

The Bernalillo KOA is on Hill Drive on the east side of Bernalillo. This would include either a beautiful cruise up the original Rt. 66 from Albuquerque to Bernalillo or we could drive up Corrales Rd. to Bernalillo.

Please let me know as soon as possible so I can get a number of campers and work out a price for the spaces. You will have to pay in advance for either location.
60 Karmann Ghia
68 Tin Top Camper
71 Panel Bus
74 Beetle
vdubzen
Club President

Return to Events/Outings/Cruises/Shows