Albuquerque Air Alliance / Rt 66 Aircooled VW Club

AAA VW Club

Need a good paint and body man

Need a good paint and body man

Postby adjacobs » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:31 pm

I need some recommendations for a good paint and body shop (person) to do a super beetle for me. I had some yeahoo do a 1970 bug that I was restoring for a college graduation present to my son and after 1400 bucks of pure crap and not even a year, the paint is peeling and cracked off in places. I'm starting to think that my bugs are just money pits. Help is needed desperately! Thanks.
adjacobs

Re: Need a good paint and body man

Postby vdubzen » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:02 pm

Marcus Tapia is a very good paint and body man, He did my bus. I don't know your time frame for getting this done. a lot of people also recommend duke city body rebuilders.
60 Karmann Ghia
68 Tin Top Camper
71 Panel Bus
74 Beetle
vdubzen
Club President

Postby adjacobs » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:09 am

Thank you. Do you happen to have a number for Marcus? I can look up Duke guys in phone book.
adjacobs

Postby faucetpants » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:23 pm

Call joe martinez 505 818 2200
faucetpants

Postby pskierst » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:52 pm

adjacobs wrote:I need some recommendations for a good paint and body shop (person) to do a super beetle for me. I had some yeahoo do a 1970 bug that I was restoring for a college graduation present to my son and after 1400 bucks of pure crap and not even a year, the paint is peeling and cracked off in places. I'm starting to think that my bugs are just money pits. Help is needed desperately! Thanks.

I saw your post, and have the same need, and was wondering how these recommendations worked out for you---did you find someone who did a good job, and that you would recommend? (I hope so). Thanks,
pskierst

Return to Technical, Perfomance & Modificatons