Albuquerque Air Alliance / Rt 66 Aircooled VW Club

AAA VW Club

New Goliath Thread Right click and hit view image

Splitties, the VW to Own!

New Goliath Thread Right click and hit view image

Postby ragtop » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:39 am

Since the first thread was lost here ya go

I just picked this up I know its not a VW Bus so if the Mods want to move it so be it :wink:

This is a 1958 Goliath Express 1100 I just picked up. This bus is so much like a vw bus and yet so much different. The bus has all Sekurit Glass,sky windows and all hella lenses that make it so much like a deluxe bus. The body from the front doors back is aluminum as is the roof. It is powered by a front wheel drive flat 4 water cooled engine. The cargo floor is made of wood which is still in amazingly great shape. Here's some pictures for your enjoyment. And just for the record I was all over this bus before Colome motors put there's up on Samba :lol:

As it rested

The extraction

Misc Pictures

Last edited by ragtop on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ragtop

Re: New Goliath Thread

Postby ragtop » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:47 pm

Double Vision

Goliath Number 2

Well a internet friend turned me on to a lead of another Goliath resting quietly on a farm in Hammond Montana :mrgreen: Well if you know me the the rest is self explanatory. Road Trip We drove 1000 miles in each direction to pick up the Goliath and while we where at it we made a pit stop at Mount Rushmore for the night :D

I bought the Goliath for the Windshield but after getting it home I've decided that its to intact to turn into a parts bus,so I'm in the process of trying to revive its motor, with luck and some mechanical wisdom :lol: it should be running tonight or in the AM. Anyway enough talk and here's some picture of the Bug Eye Goiliath

If you right click the pictures and hit full image you can see the whole picture :o

As it rested :mrgreen:

Can you say snow drift

ragtop

Postby ragtop » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Well its been awhile so here's an update on the Goliath. All the running gear is in order,seats are re-upholstered and I have found most of all the hard to find pieces. Towed to a Borgward meet in Solvang CA and drove it around Solvang and Lompoc Ca and it did great with top speed being around 50 mph :lol: forgot our camera so no pics. Here's some pictures of the progress and it posing with its cousin 21 window :D

ragtop

Postby ragtop » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Well all the paper work is in order and got the title for the single cab. Also during Thanksgiving weekend I picked up another Goliath Express. Its a panel and is going to be used to save the single cab. Before anyone gets all hyped about it being used for parts here's the history. At one point in its life the frame was cut off at the rear and a VW bus frame with torsion housing was welded in. The whole rear deck has been hacked,its had multiple vents,windows and holes cut into the aluminum body and the roof is pretty mangled at the rear. Well here's some picture of the single cab and Panel

ragtop

Re: New Goliath Thread Right click and hit view image

Postby vdubzen » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:43 am

LOVE Them!!

this is cool, jorge. keep us posted.
60 Karmann Ghia
68 Tin Top Camper
71 Panel Bus
74 Beetle
vdubzen
Club President

Return to Type 2/Bus - 1949-67