Albuquerque Air Alliance / Rt 66 Aircooled VW Club

AAA VW Club

1969 High Top Sundial Camper project starts today!

1968-79

Re: 1969 High Top Sundial Camper project starts today!

Postby vdubzen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:45 pm

very nice!!! i need to get off my butt and get my 68 ready for busses and balloons.
60 Karmann Ghia
68 Tin Top Camper
71 Panel Bus
74 Beetle
vdubzen
Club President

Postby airway » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:04 pm

Changed user name. vgriego to this one. The camper runs! Body strait, still primed. Almost ready for camping. Looking for passenger side swivel seat bracket. And now stay tuned for final paint and interior work. Been a good year. Thanks for the encouragement AAAVW. Van still in Northern NM. Showdizzle, what's your shop name?
airway

Postby showdizzle » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:50 am

Hey bro!!!

Sorry I havent been online in quite some time. Thats looking good!! I love those photos!!!

I dont have a shop bro, I work at University Volkswagen and work on my projects in my garage. hahahahahahah!!!

Keep at it!! You're almost there!!!
Consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trails of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete not lacking anything. James 1:2-4
showdizzle

Postby airway » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:35 am

Thanks bro, show-DZ. It's good to know you are a rolling rolla'.

Now that it's time for interior work,I have to decide about the bed. Right now it's got nothing else but the bare plywood and Sundial bed mechanism in place. What do you think AAAVW about the Z-bed or what other recs. can you offer?

I have pulled the bulky sink and cooking shelf cause I don't like a crowded camper and think that cooking should be done outside. Last thing I need is a fishy cabin. Hahaha! I want to seal the floor, insulate and carpet. I just don't want to miss a step. Gonna put in a narrow suit close behind the driver's seat cause I'm a singer and I'm gonna roll up in my green-room!

Show-DZ, I keep refering to your signature quote. Thanks for the encouragement.
airway

Postby showdizzle » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:18 am

Hahahahhahahaha!!!!!

Thanks dude!!!

Hey, I have a complete camper interior out of a vanagon if you want to take a look at it.

It may look nice inside the camper.

If your interested Ill get you my number!!!

Im glad that my signature is encouraging you, I look at it quite often as well. Its motivational for sure!!!!
Consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trails of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete not lacking anything. James 1:2-4
showdizzle

Postby airway » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:42 am

Now that's what i'm talking about. i would love to take a look at your camper pieces. also need advice on front seats cause a swivel seat would sure make it nice. Could you please give me a call? 249-6960 Thanks.

PS: I might be looking for some late 70s Westie seats if that is required for the swivel seat base to work. Thanks, VG
airway

Previous

Return to Type 2/Bus - Bay Window