Albuquerque Air Alliance / Rt 66 Aircooled VW Club

AAA VW Club

Newbie in Edgewood

1968-79

Newbie in Edgewood

Postby Nightfox » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:44 pm

When I say newbie, I mean it all around :lol: . New to this site, new to VW and new to owning a bus. What I have is a 75 Westy tintop. She's a bit rough, needs a new nose piece, new rear corner panels, new front doors (because of the damages from the noes), roof popped back straight, new engine hatch, lots of dents and dings, interior needs complete refreshing, engine needs possible rebuild (currently working on getting it out. kinda hard without a garage and a flat level surface :lol: ), gearbox review, new steering and suspension parts (been sitting for who knows how long, maybe 20+ years :?: ) and a paint job. So far I have taken out some of the interior but ran out of space in my trailer so I need to get a dedicated shed, took out the dash to check wiring and to prep for nose replacement and started overhauling the rims. I have mechanical knowledge, after doing what I have done, it's super simple but I'm sure there are a few VW specifics that I do not know so if any of y'all have any tips and tricks, lay em on me ^_^
75 Westy Tintop
Hopefully soon a 68ish (cant remember) Bug *fingers crossed*
Nightfox

Re: Newbie in Edgewood

Postby vdubzen » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:40 am

welcome!!! nice to have new faces. come on out to the club meeting on Tuesday at Fuddruckers. check the club meeting section for location and time and hope to see you there.
60 Karmann Ghia
68 Tin Top Camper
71 Panel Bus
74 Beetle
vdubzen
Club President

Return to Type 2/Bus - Bay Window