Albuquerque Air Alliance / Rt 66 Aircooled VW Club

AAA VW Club

62 Ghia

62 Ghia

Postby louass » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:10 pm

Figured I'd try to be the geek to say, "I wanted to be the first to post to this topic. . ."

Here's Polly.

louass

Re: 62 Ghia

Postby vdubzen » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:40 pm

I hope lori's turns out as nice.

is polly still 6 volt?
60 Karmann Ghia
68 Tin Top Camper
71 Panel Bus
74 Beetle
vdubzen
Club President

Postby 69ghia » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:54 am

Sweet Ghia there! What Source(s) do you use for interior and other restoration parts/accessories? I have a 69 ghia that is in desperate need of a little TLC. Runs good just looks lke a its been thru hell and back :(
I most deperately need a new driver seat as the frame I have is broke. Not necessarily wanting to do a total restoration but at least want to make it more presentable. To indicate its condition, I got the "Most cosmetically Challenged" Award at last years NMSF Classic VW Show :lol:

You should consider bringing yours this year. We had three Ghias last year, With 9 total registered vehicles, we respresented one third of the show. One won "Best of Show" I will have a definate date posted soon on the "events" section of the web site for this years show.

Happy Vdub'ing.
Sean
69ghia

Postby louass » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:28 pm

Hey folks,

Chris- Polly is now a 12 volt. Legal in most states.

Interior: upholstery by Performance Flat Four. The seats turned out great. Headliner has had issues with holding up, but such is life. The rest of the interior door panels and carpet came with.

She is doing ok in Florida. The humidity is brutal. Because the seals aren't perfect, moisture and heat are creating a wonderful environment for mold to grow. I'm sparing lysol often before each time I take her to work, about once every few months. She still drives great, and she made it down to Winter Jam last year in Daytona Beach (I live in Tallahasse, Florida, now, BTW).

For a bunch of pics: http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/kissrockon/1962%20Karmann%20Ghia%20For%20Sale/?start=all

Here are a couple from the album. . .

louass

Return to Ghia