Albuquerque Air Alliance / Rt 66 Aircooled VW Club

AAA VW Club

My Dune Buggy Build.

Re: My Dune Buggy Build.

Postby Faron » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:23 pm

Well this is where I am at this point.
I started on some graphics today and hope to have them finished by tomorrow evening. My plan is to have the whole thing back in one piece by the end of the weekend. We will see what happens. I need to get a set of gauges for it, anyone have a guess as to where the best place to buy them are?
Faron

Re: My Street Buggy Build.

Postby Faron » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:40 am

I had a pretty good setback today. When I went to change the fluid in the transaxle I found a few pieces floating around. (I know I should have changed the fluid long ago and I wouldnt of had this problem.) So I had to remove take a few steps back.
Here is where it sits now. To be honest I am glad I found it now rather then out on the road somewhere. Ohh well pushing forward!
I still think that I will be at the Buggy Round Up (Labor Day weekend, Boerne TX), in fact I have already blocked out that time on my calender. However I would really like to finish it sooner so that I can take my youngest daughter to school in it for her first day of 8th grade. Time will tell...
When I posted that I was looking for help, Bruce sent me a message saying that he is willing. He and I have laughed and worked on my Buggy a couple of days now, and I am thankful for the help. Thanks for the help Bruce!
Faron

Postby ABQ 66 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:36 am

I should be thanking you for letting me help. This buggy is going to be nice. We're having fun.

Here is a picture of the bracket we came up with for the brake fluid reservior to mount on. You'll never see it from outside the car but it looks good anyway.

..., onward we go.
ABQ 66

Postby Faron » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:59 pm

I have not forgotten about Bruce, I have not done anything yet. Lots have changed sinse we last spoke. We have decided to put our house up for sale in order to make som changes so we have tightened the belt a lot. Not to much going on here, but I will have to get the my Buggy in one peice before we move.

HEY, anyone looking for a really nice house near Juan Tabo & Montgomery? Let me know and I will PM you the link to the MLS Listing.
Faron

Postby kaferbus » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:27 pm

Faron wrote:My wife ordered this for me a few weeks ago, and it just came in. When I walked in the door from work she was so happy to give it to me. Happy Happy Happy

What is it....pic is gone!
kaferbus

Previous

Return to Other - VW Vehicles