Albuquerque Air Alliance / Rt 66 Aircooled VW Club

AAA VW Club

My Dune Buggy Build.

My Dune Buggy Build.

Postby Faron » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:57 am

This weekend I started to do a little work on it on my Dune Buggy... I guess I better seeing as I set a completetion date of April 15, 2012. I really want my first show to be the Texas Classic. I am pretty sure I know what it will look like when I am finished, but I have to be honest with myself I know things will change as time goes by.
This is the day that I brought it home.
Faron

Re: My Dune Buggy Build.

Postby Faron » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:05 am

Here it is right before I got started with the rebuild, I am so excited.
Here it is with the Butt Ugly wheels removed, but I am going to wait to sell them until I have the new set so that I can move it around as needed. (Having a hard time figuring out what I want) I also removed the roll bar, seats, rear view mirrors, and the chrome visors over the Headlights.
The interior is all gutted and ready to go to a Fab Shop to get a couple of supports and the roll cage.
I removed the exhaust because I don't car for it, I have my eye on another. I will also have the Fab Shop make me a cool Bumper that has a bracket for the plate as well as the light for the Plate. I do not plan to go back to Quaalude Purple so all the purple that you see on the suspension, engine, and what not have to go. I think I will paint the tins with a waving Checkerboard Pattern and the rest in Flat Black.
Faron

Postby tomthetoyman » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:10 am

Looks like fun!
tomthetoyman
Site Admin

Postby vdubzen » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:54 am

looking good so far. can't wait to see your progress. please list the shops you use for stuff and supplies and whether you would use them again.
60 Karmann Ghia
68 Tin Top Camper
71 Panel Bus
74 Beetle
vdubzen
Club President

Postby Faron » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:00 pm

My buddy Tony and I pulled the engine out of my Buggy not to long ago, and it seems to be okay. But I have bought a few parts to change it up. I am pretty pumped. I will post up pics when it is finished.
On a side note I take it to Coaches Chassis Thursday (12-15) to have him do a little chassis work & a rollcage. I am looking forward to ggetting it back Tuesday (12-27). Again I will post up pics as I can.
Faron

Postby Faron » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:35 pm

Before
After
Its not finished yet, but I couldn't wait to post up a pic. I airbrushed the Checker board flag on the fan shroud, I am sure very few people will see it. But I know its there, and it makes me happy. Over the next few days I will be be sanding down the Bugpack Exhaust and repainting it Black, along with installing everything on the engine. Friday I will take the Buggy and Chassis to a guy so that he can do a little chassis work, as well as building me a Roll Cage.
Faron

Postby tomthetoyman » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:48 am

Faron wrote:My buddy Tony and I pulled the engine out of my Buggy not to long ago,,,

Is that the same Tony that advertises on Craigslist to help with VW repairs?
tomthetoyman
Site Admin

Postby Faron » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:10 pm

After all kinds of talking and waiting to see my Street Buggy with the roll cage in it, I finally have it home. I am very happy with it and look forward to getting it all cleaned up and painted. But for now this is how it looks!
Faron

Postby Faron » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:57 pm

My wife ordered this for me a few weeks ago, and it just came in. When I walked in the door from work she was so happy to give it to me. Happy Happy Happy
Faron

Postby vdubzen » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:47 pm

very cool!!!!!
60 Karmann Ghia
68 Tin Top Camper
71 Panel Bus
74 Beetle
vdubzen
Club President

Next

Return to Other - VW Vehicles